Monday 27 August 2012

Banana Nut Muffins


I know I haven't posted in FOREVER, but now the hecticness of teacher training and my NQT year is up, i'm hoping to upload a lot more!

I literally spent the last two years eating CRA*P and, after an epiphany at the end of the last school year, have decided to eat clean. Instead of powering through long planning sessions on haribo and diet coke, I am on a quest to find clean and satisfying meals that will keep me energised in the right way!

So... here is the first recipe idea - banana nut muffins! Accidently picking up some extremely over-ripe bananas in ASDA prompted me to search for 'wheat free banana muffins' on the web. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but I have amended another recipe:

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups of rolled oats
2/3 cup of agave nectar (or honey)
2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
1/4 cup walnuts
3 mashed bananas
pinch of salt
2 eggs
3/4 coconut milk (i'm sure other alternatives such as almond milk etc would work nicely too)
2 tbsps olive oil
splash of high quality vanilla essence

Pre-heat the oven to 230c and line a muffin tray with cases.

1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together first.
2. In a seperate bowl mash the banana's and add the coconut milk, agave nectar, vanilla essence and olive oil.
3. Lightly beat the eggs and add to the wet mix.
4. Slowly add the wet mix to the dry using a spoon - use a hand whisk to make sure it's mixed well! :)
5. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases until it's approximately 3/4 full.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.

I was really pleased with the results of these muffins and they were totally delicious served with greek yogurt.

Happy Baking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment